Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Wednesday 6th August 2008 - Global Health Challenge - Knowledge VS Application

What benefit is health and fitness knowledge if you are unable to apply it?

Very little I believe. You are then just an "educated derelict". Your brain is smart but your body still gets fatter - so my goal is to help you understand the logic behind the plans I provide and "lead you not into temptation".

I was at the gym this morning and was asked when I was working out, how I could be able to be there for the mid morning class. I smiled and said that I was lucky, as I am a "storyteller and writer" so my time is pretty much mine to use it as I see fit.

The lady smiled and said I thought you were an fitness instructor cause she had taken my cycle classes. I told her that I was that too with my blogs, teaching classes and helping educate others with the global health challenge. She asked how I fitted it all in and I thought that was a great question.

"Fitting things in" becomes easier when you have a committed plan and objectives. I know what I need to do by understanding the outcome and then I'm able apply that knowledge. Many talk about how to do things and write books and make DVD's but I would also like to think that my point of difference is that I can apply strategies personally and prove they work. I don't understand the overweight nutritionist or unfit trainer.

This isn't a personal attack on them but rather an observation.
If they're giving out life changing plans or advice, just how good is that when they aren't able to apply it themselves? Now I know me saying that will upset some people but that is their issue to deal with.

I've been upfront from the time I started this blog. YOU will only get the truth the whole truth and nothing but. Also I'm not in this business to make a quick buck. Why not, it isnt what Im about Believe me I get approached by a lot of people telling me that my information is interesting so why don't I charge for it and make millions. I laugh when I hear this cause it truly is not the reason for me doing what I love.

I look at it this way. If we all were able to learn how our bodies work and strengthen the human eco system, then diseases would be less common, there would be less people dying from preventable conditions and so I guess the "global health warrior" mission is simple. Save lives.

Now I don't begrudge anyone from making money but I do have strong opinions about those that rip people off because they have less knowledge and also are desperately seeking happiness. I have seen so many people unhappy with their bodies that it makes their whole life sad, so I want to "lead by example" and assist others achieve a healthier mindset.

This insight here gives a truer reflection of my income challenged life working as a "yet to be discovered" screenplay writer of which there are many out there I'm sure. Sure I have written, produced and directed an Animated Movie and also at the same time produced and directed an Interactive DVD Game for a pack set (no easy task I can assure) which was 10 months of total work and dedication.

This has won 11 awards but unlike many others on the market my point of difference was that I sought a private funder for this. As such I wasn't working with an agent, manager or studio and so a lot of the pressure and responsibility was borne by me and we never hit the entertainment radars. Equally their were accolades and these were achieved through perserverance, hard work and diligence by ALL the team.

So much like my personal focus with getting healthy a lot of my life is intertwined.

This year I have now written and completed three screenplays and working on a fourth one and any or all of them are open to be optioned and none are about health and purely entertainment as I enjoyed the process I went through.

A goal is that I am able to get a movie made which will allow me to follow that pursuit of success like so many others and the "universe" tells me that is coming - hopefully soon :-))

Writing is lot like life and fitness. It can be a demanding taskmaster but also it can be a bliss when you get into a "groove". I'm a little lucky as creative ideas often come to me when I am working out which is my mental stress relief and how good is that. The time that I leave the computer to focus on my health allows me to open up creatively and get the juices flowing. Instead of sitting at the desk pondering, I'm getting and letting the bloodflow inspire me.



Global Health Challenge - Week Three (8 week Overview reposted in earlier blog)

Goal of this week - consolidate the first two (2) weeks of life changing habits – Well done so far.
- Reduce caffeine intake to green tea or better yet none
- Reduce your intake of starch and grains to wholemeal versions
- Maintain H20 (water) intake to 8 glasses per day
- Maintain the three (3) days of activity

TONY 's DIARY - (Week Three - Day Three)

Breakfast:
Energy Shake - 400ml Water + 45g Protein Powder + Combination Greens Powder + 1/2 cup Frozen Berries. Take a Daily Multi vitamin + Joint Power

Mid Morning Workout:
Spin Class 45 mins (Hard)

Mid Morning Snack:
Green Tea + Protein Bar (after workout)

Lunch:
Baked Salmon Fillet + Mixed Leaf Salad + Green Beans + Carrot + Tomato + Cucumber + Low Fat Cottage Cheese + 4 x Corn Thins + Dressing

Mid Afternoon snack:
Energy Smoothie - 400ml water + 30g Protein Powder
Green Apple and Low Fat Yoghurt

Evening Workout:
Pump Class - pushed myself

Dinner:
Grilled Salmon + Huge Mixed Leaf Salad + Carrot + Cucumber + Tomato + 100g Almonds.

2 Hours before Bed:
400ml water + Fibre Shake + 20g Protein Powder + Combination Greens

Overall - Water consumption = done and will start to up it a little now on days that I am pushing myself. Am trying to mix up the times that I do my workouts to see if that affects my performance at all - stay tuned for updates

Daily mantra:
I am totally committed to supporting my Human ECO System with my actions.

No comments: