Saturday, August 2, 2008

Saturday 2nd August 2008 - Week Two Day Six - Global Health Challenge

When it comes to staying on a plan the addition of a social outing / date / work dinner can often seem to be a challenge for a lot of people.

For example last night I got asked out with friends and decided that while it was easy to remain at home and "be in control" of my nutrient intake it is also not a very good plan if it doesn't allow for a social LIFE to be involved.

Who wants to the life of a hermit - not me - so I was conscious when I built this Human ECO System plan to ensure that I would assist YOU to learn skills to take this plan into your everyday life.

Here are my "insider secrets" to try.

Skill One - if you are going out that night then don't load the body up all day with excess calories that really aren't needed anyway. In fact a great tip is to do a workout (with intensity) before you go out as your metabolism will still be increased. I normally do a hard cardio 20 minute session with a 20 minute set of the Afterburner Workout (See earlier blogs)

Skill Two - to take advantage of this increased metabolism limit your intake of unnecessary "low quality high fat options" like the token fillers on the table. You know what I mean, the fresh crusty bread with either large servings of butter or that virgin olive oil ... both will limit your success of your plan and blow it when added with alcohol.

Skill Three - try not to show up to an evening out starving hungry because you will likely over-eat and probably over-indulge with alcohol. If that happens you will have consumed too many calories from both food and drink which most likely will end up overloading your fat stores. An hour before I go out I normally have a 20g serving of protein energy drink with water. Tops off my hunger pangs and with the Rainbow Nutrient Refuelling Plan is not going to put your daily calorie intake over the limit.

So now you have some insight into strategies to INCREASE your chances at long term success.


Global Health Challenge - Week Two (8 week Overview reposted in earlier blog)

Points to focus on for Week Two :
Goal of this week is to begin to fine tune the Plan and focus on the end result – New YOU
- Reduce alcohol completely from your life for the duration of the E.C.O. System Plan
- Reduce your caffeine intake to one cup per day (if applicable)
- Increase your fibre intake with salads and vegetables
- Increase H20 (water) to 8 glasses per day- Maintain the three (3) days of activity

TONY 's DIARY - (Week Two - Day Six)

Breakfast:
Energy Shake - 400ml Water + 45g Protein Powder + Combination Greens Powder + 1/2 cup Frozen Berries. Take a Daily Multi vitamin + Joint Power

Morning Workout - Pump Class 45 mins + 15 Mins Hard Cardio Rower

Mid morning:
Cup of Coffee + Skim milk + Protein Bar (after workout)

Lunch:
Lamb Stew (that I made)+ Mixed Leaf Salad

Mid Afternoon snack:
Energy Smoothie - 400ml water + 30g Protein Powder

Evening Out at Restaurant:
Grilled Salmon + Broccollini + Green Beans. Dessert - Steamed Chocolate Pudding + Scoop Vanilla Ice Cream. Skim Cappuccino (NO Alcohol but Bottle Sparkling Water)

Overall - I consumed enough water during the day. As I knew I was going out that night I didn't have as many calories which weren't needed in the afternoon. I also had decided to reward myself for the consistent efforts over the last two week with a deserrt ) that was superb but consumed NO alcohol as per the plan.

Again now I was going out I ensured that I completed my workout for lean muscle conditioning and cardio fitness to have huge caloric expenditure for the day.

Daily mantra :
I am totally committed to supporting my Human ECO System with my actions.

No comments: