Friday, August 1, 2008

Friday 1st August 2008 - Week Two Day Five - Global Health Challenge

As the second week is drawing to a close I have found that by writing down each day what I am consuming it has served to reinforce to me how valuable this is. It is also a mental accounting system so that I am consciously aware of my nutrient intake.

All too often we eat things (and then forget) them in our daily recollection.

It has also been easy to stay consistent without the excess calories that come from alcohol. Now I am not a huge drinker but still love my champagne and good red wine, but as per the guidelines of this challenge I have decided to limit any alcohol consumption.

For a lot of people I am sure this would be a challenge as a lot of social gatherings - I won't call them activities because there is very little activity when drinking - you might spill some :-)))

A night out drinking could add anywhere from a few hundred calories up to a few thousand additional daily calories. This then makes it that much harder when your goal is to be lean.
No judgements - I'm just trying to add some thought to your actions that affect your results.


Global Health Challenge - Week Two (8 week Overview reposted in earlier blog)


Points to focus on for Week Two :

Goal of this week is to begin to fine tune the Plan and focus on the end result – New YOU
- Reduce alcohol completely from your life for the duration of the E.C.O. System Plan
- Reduce your caffeine intake to one cup per day (if applicable)
- Increase your fibre intake with salads and vegetables
- Increase H20 (water) to 8 glasses per day- Maintain the three (3) days of activity


TONY 's DIARY - (Week Two - Day Five)

Breakfast:
Energy Shake - 400ml Water + 45g Protein Powder + Combination Greens Powder + 1/2 cup Frozen Berries. Take a Daily Multi vitamin + Joint Power

Mid morning:
Cup of Coffee + Skim milk + 150g Almonds

Lunch:
Mixed Leaf Salad + Tuna + Low Fat Cottage Cheese + Tomato + Cucumber + Strawberries + Water

Mid Afternoon snack:
Energy Smoothie - 400ml water + 30g Protein Powder + Comination Greens Powder
4 x Corn Thins with Lean Ham

Evening Workout - Pump Class 45 mins + 15 Mins Hard Cardio Rower


Dinner:
Grilled Salmon + Mixed Leaves + Tomato + Broccolli + Cauliflour + Carrot + Baked Potato Chips. Dessert - Crunchie Bar (Really wanted this)


2 Hours before bed Fibre Shake + 20g Protein Powder

Overall - I again consumed enough water for the day - this is getting easier to do.
Again trying to stay focussed and ensure that I complete my workouts for lean muscle conditioning and cardio fitness.

Daily mantra :
I am totally committed to supporting my Human ECO System with my actions.

No comments: