Sunday, August 17, 2008

Sunday 17th August 2008 - Week Four Day Seven - Global Health Challenge

What is the upcoming “7 Day ECO-CLEANSE Challenge”

I created this element as week (5) five of the 56 Day Plan as there is a need for a period where most people have their old habits tested and for their new habits developing to become the focus. It's also not a bad way to show how you can feel differently when YOU do things correctly for your Human E.C.O. System.

This challenge was designed with my nutrition team taking into account how this will work and then by supplying you a far healthier option than most other programs with nutritional intake. It is spread over a week and not just a weekend as many popular versions are, so that you aren’t just focussed for one weekend and then go back to your unhealthy habits.

With an important health benefit of restoration and replenishment, I want you to rest your body’s digestive system by removing the “toxic chemicals” we add on a daily basis. To achieve this I have modified with “expert nutritional input” a “7 day challenge” which has a focus for one week of the eight (8) week plan.

The goal is that you should try this new lifestyle of eating well and being active to see how your life could be if you make the necessary changes. Will it test you ? I think so having completed it myself.

The main focus or the eliminating phase is achieved by reducing total excess energy for this 7 day period. This will mostly consist of removing a lot of the “white foods” you over-consume and replacing them with an ECO Friendly plan of vegetables, salads and fruit in the middle three days out of our seven day ECO Cleanse week.

This modified seven day plan has a focus on the middle three days with a reduction lead-in and option to add things back towards the end. Having done this myself on two other occassions I think this works better than others as you are able to still function in your current life unlike putting you inside the “test tube” environment of just a weekend as people in the real world don’t exist inside a tube.

You have been lead in gently over the previous four weeks. Unlike any other type of detox plan I’ve examined, you get educated on how to change YOUR bad habits instead of just eliminating most nutrients. This will allow YOU to re-introduce foods back into your eating patterns to notice the difference and then begin better eating to form healthy long term nutritional habits.

We also do this to allow your body (mostly your digestive system) to have a rest, get rid of the toxic environment that you have built up, and then provide a recovery period so you’re not just going “cold turkey” which could lead to failure of the plan.

From years of experience training clients, failure is likely if you don’t get an understanding of this knowledge and be able to recognize the “old bad patterns” should they reappear in the future. Fundamentally, most of us are not good at eating what is sensible and healthy for our internal eco-system but instead we look for convenient but unfortunately lower quality foods that are cheap in both nutrition and cost.

Normally the first thing I find talking with nutritionists about obesity issues is that they generally find most people have limited our intake of vitamins, minerals, and other essential elements such as phyto-nutrients.

Guess where those ALL come from ?
Mostly, plant-based foods that are grown in the ground and part of the planet’s eco-system.

Guess how many of these life enriching nutrients are found “naturally” in products in packages or fast food options ?
You know that I am going to say – “little to none !”

If you already know these facts why would you be willing to “POLLUTE” your human eco-system causing harm ?

We seem to have forgotten that a lot of disease today appears to be through our bad habits of eating too much and moving too little or as I say “under-active and over-fed”.
Don't forget obesity, diabetes type II, certain cancers, are all preventable.

I’m told that to grow we need to be more in tune with ourselves. My goal is to help YOU get personally “tuned up” and provide you the necessary “tools”. Now don’t scream at your computer “I thought this was going to be a good way to learn about my body but it’s just another self help plan”.

I promise you it’s not self help but more self health. The purpose in writing this section was to show that everyone can make changes for better health. Back to the plan and why I changed my personal philosophy.

During this learning process what I found was that I had become “comfortable” with my eating plans as I believed that I was eating with a sensible proportion or percentage of about 80 / 20. I ate healthy 80% of the time and 20% less healthy the remaining time. I have always allowed myself certain treats. I have never really been a bad eater but do like “treats” and feel that it’s fair to reward myself for this 80% consistency.

I am now less focussed on the percentage numbers and more focussed on ensuring that I supply a full spectrum of quality nutrients that will save my Human ECO System. Having lost my father to obesity-related ill health (heart attack), I’m very conscious and aware that what I eat affects what is happening on the inside at a cellular level that is fascinating me the most.
TIP: Healthy eating means better health.

Part of my consistency plan now is to ensure that I train regularly and continue to accrue the greatest knowledge by understanding that nutrition intake should be modified to suit activity levels. An example is athletes who get older, yet continued to eat large amounts of calories (habit), suddenly realize that they are “unhealthy” as their activity levels have been lowered substantially or stopped all together.

To allow for my 20% (occasional ice cream, pizza, chocolate etc) I planned to consistently challenge myself on training days to either do more work (train longer) or push myself harder. History, combined with knowledge and experience has taught me that a few things often pop up to limit the effectiveness of this strategy.

Firstly, like nearly everyone else on the planet, time constraints with life getting in the way consistently hamper me doing the longer option meaning that failure is likely.

Secondly, my body telling me that it hurts; or is just plain tired is another issue that I have faced in the past, and so I have tried to address those to give better advice but again as a result failure is likely.

Tomorrow - the 12 steps for the Human ECO Cleanse and the beginning of Week 5.

Global Health Challenge - Week Four (8 week Overview reposted in earlier blog)

Goal of this week is to consolidate the first three (3) weeks of life changing habits – Half way !
- Reduce your dairy intake
- Reduce intake of red meat and replace to white fish
- Maintain the three (3) days of activity – add an additional “family fun day” on the weekend
- Maintain H20 (water) intake to 8 glasses per day

TONY 's DIARY - (Week Four - Day Seven)

Breakfast:
Energy Shake - 400ml Water + 45g Protein Powder + Combination Greens Powder + 1/2 cup Frozen Banana. Take a Daily Multi vitamin + Joint Power

Lunch:
Tuna + Huge Mixed Leaf Salad + Tomato + Cucumber + Strawberries + Dressing

Mid Afternoon snack:
Green Tea + Energy Shake - 30g Protein + Combination Greens Powder

Evening Workout: Pump Class - worked really hard cause I felt strong

Dinner:
Baked Salmon + Mixed Leaf Salad + Capsicum (Red Pepper) + Tomato + Cucumber + Low Fat Cottage Cheese + Celery + Strawberries + Dressing.

2 Hours before Bed:
400ml water + Fibre Shake + 20g Protein Powder + Combination Greens

Overall - Water consumption = good. Good training session. Think I'm on track leading into next week (ECO Cleanse) which I know will be tough but I'm ready

Daily mantra:
I am totally committed to supporting my Human ECO System with my actions.

No comments: