Saturday, November 10, 2007

Saturday 10th November - What do I have for breakfast ?

It seems that the Blog from yesterday illicited some visceral responses from the emails I received. To the gentleman who wished to remain anonymous your email address came up so it's all good. For the record I don't get offended if you don't agree with me, and in fact if you can prove me wrong all the better as that means I can learn more - which I love to do.

To be clear - telling me that by providing options you are answering what the public wants is not justification for giving them low quality products. I recall my mother telling my brothers, sisters and I that just because you want it doesn't mean you should have it as it may not be good for you. Equally you should also undertake a certain moral compass when you are dealing with other less informed people who rely on your integrity to be part of the selling process. But hey that might just be the way that I was brought up.

Your reply might be - sure that would work in a perfect world that wasn't driven by the almighty $$$ but even so, there comes a time when it should be just as much about your consumer, as it is about your stockholders.

TONY STEPS DOWN OFF HIS SOAPBOX. (well it is my Blog)

So do I consume cereal for breakfast.
No I don't consume anywhere near as much as I used to.
I used to eat a lot of it and recommend it to my clients but now I feel that I should be giving them as much assistance to decypher the "marketing hype" as I can.

For me it was a moment when something went off in my head that asked me this question. What are you going to be doing for the next three hours ?

At the time I was writing the manuscript for the first animated movie that I developed so I replied to the question - just sitting at my desk. Sure I would be working out later in the day but for most of this day I would be just typing. At best I would be getting up occassionally to refill my water bottle and stretch my legs. Little activity for my body.

It occurred to me that I would be better served assessing what my "needs" would be. So I realized that I would need a little energy for serving my body to function but mostly it was all about nutrients for the brain to function optimally.

I would need vitamins and minerals, some amino acids, some good fats but NOT need a lot of sugar laden energy. I wasn't going to be active so I didn't need to eat like an athlete. Had I just finished a workout there could be benefit but I hadn't so I needed to assess on a daily basis what was optimal for my functioning. Do not just grab the same option everyday if your day is different. THINK.

So what do I have. Here it is - recipe for Tony’s Energy Shake.
This is a great way to meet the goal of getting in nutrients and feeling energetic for up to three hours. I also take a vitamin / mineral complex and Omega 3 capsules.

Shake ingredients:
- 100ml of water
- 250ml (or 4oz) of low fat / no fat milk
- ½ cup of Blueberries (or any other berry you like)
- Two scoops of Whey Protein Powder to meet my 30-40g needs
(pick a brand whose taste YOU like. Vanilla can be mixed with any fruit for taste)
+
- I also add "greens" with a product called Kamut Powder. The ultimate wheatgrass juice from the ancient kamut plant, blended with other valuable cereal grasses like barley greens, oatgrass, and alfalfa. One serving is equal to one ounce of fresh wheatgrass juice. It is an organice product that I order from the U.S.

NOTE - Adding ice will increase the consistency and make it thicker if that is your preference.

There it is. Blend and Drink !

No comments: