Friday, November 30, 2007

Friday 30th November - Your Body and it's Coat of Arms

Hi there All,

Apologies for not being regular this week but it has been one of those weeks when things not only didn't go as planned, but there also just seemed to be too few hours in the day to get things done.

So most of my time has been spent writing an animated movie storyline this week and while it has been fun there is a downside. You can't program your time as well because it isn't like you can just "turn on or turn off the creative juice" once it begans to flow. You have to go with it and take advantage which isn't able to be scheduled. HINT for the homeplayers (keep a pad and pen handy at all times).

There were times this week when I found myself sitting there looking out over the Harbour (Sydney) from my apartment with no clue what to write when out of no where some random thought would proceed me on a tangent for the storyline and some hours later I would look up and realize that it was dark and I had been so engrossed in doing this that I had forgotten to breathe. By that I mean be present.

One evening I eventually stopped typing at 2.30am when my eyes had had enough of looking at the words and my fingers were protesting over their over-use. Although my body was tired, it wasn't the same for my mind as it continued to "play" with the storyline. Ah the joy of creativity !

This was a very inspiring week for the me with the story as a chance meeting with an icon of the Australia TV landscape led to us sitting down to have a coffee. He had been on TV when I was growing up and it was surreal to be there sitting with him and listening to such positive energy.

He spoke and I listened. It is possible you know.
He allowed me to gain awesome insight into elements of the Australian history that I want to weave into the storyline and had probably forgotten from school (if they even taught it - which is possible as I did tend to spend a lot of time surfing - not the web but waves - instead of learning).

There was one point when we discussing the Australian "Coat of Arms" which is a crest (symbol) that is used on most Australian government legal documents. That wasn't the fascinating point but it was the way that he spoke of it and how it will play in my animated storyline that was fantastic. You will enjoy it. We brainstormed and it was great to hear someone else getting passionately involved in the creative process with me whom I respect. It was also a priviledge for the opportunity. Thank you Mr Bonner.

Later it also got me to thinking (again) of the Human E.C.O. System and how we treat our bodies so poorly. How we need to regain our "relationship" of not only understanding the body but also the implications and ways that this can happen. This I see as an immensely important part of what I hope will be a significant changing process with behaviour.

Let us imagine that for the purpose of understanding that our "Coat of Arms" is actually our skin. We wear it daily and treat it with reverance by doing wonderful things to it and buying gorgeous things to add to it. It is of course the thing that we see most when we look in the mirror and pass judgement so it is always on our mind.

We seek answers for questions that decide our daily esteem.
Am I too fat = ?
Am I too skinny = ?
Am I too blotchy = ?
Am I too old = ?
Does my hair look okay = ?
Do these shoes go with this dress = ?

For all of these answers we look to "hide" with some form of coverage or some form of disguise. We add clothes, we take clothes off, we add make up, we remove make up off, we use moisturer and sunscreen, we get haircuts, we get hair colour, we do all the things that will either hide or show our selves (skin) based upon the way we feel from looking at it.

Now imagine that we are going to change your focus and peel away your "Coat of Arms" or Skin to reveal and see what is below.

Did you just squirm ?
Do you think that you would be embarrassed at what YOU find ?

If you do you are probably not alone.
What it means though is that you are NOT looking after your Human E.C.O. System and taking care of your INNER self. We need to remember that if we peel away our skin it will show us a lot of faults. It will reveal exactly what we do to care for ourselves.

The inner self reflects the outer self.
This is why I work so hard to create that relationship of understanding and responsibility with this project.

Now I need to refuel, rehydrate and relax = the 3 R's of the Human E.C.O. System !

I just want you to think what YOU would find if we took away your "disguise" ?

No comments: