Friday, November 23, 2007

Friday 23rd November - Thought Pollution

Today I was talking to a friend about how our thoughts can be like pollution which again really fit in nicely with the Human E.C.O. System theories.

We were discussing how following on from yesterdays Blog she wanted to know if I ever have self doubt about my choices or actions.

I smiled and admitted that of course I have self doubt from time to time and my errors in life and business are testimony of that.

However I don't dwell on a choice once it is made. If it wrong I try to learn from it so that I don't repeat the error again but this will occassionally happen. That is LIFE and you have to experience this to be a whole person.

As most of my close friends know - I am not only unconventional in my methods I am not highly schooled. I left school early to join the Military but have always challenged the "normal thought process" because being both curious and non-traditional I like to understand why things must remain the way they are.

This has led to some confrontations with "experts" who tell me just to accept this and move on. Sadly for them that is the worst thing to tell an individual who revels in his undiagnosed ADD world.

People like myself are very pragmatic and "want to get it" so that it makes sense in our heads and often this will involve questioning what others tell us. It is not meant to be annoying (sure occassionally it will be) but rather it is meant to seek mental solace for ourselves.

The human body and in particular the human brain is an incredibly exciting thing. As you are reading this I want you to realize that there are synapses firing off left and right making sense of the words and then compartmentally breaking them down into understanding. It is an inner world full of as much fascination as the most incredible computer.

Now when that brain (computer) gets either overloaded (needs more RAM), or tired, or gets a virus, or gets old, or any other condition that affects it's ability to function at it's optimal you are going to know it.

Then add in the emotional content. Now you don't get this with your best computer BUT we have it inbuilt and hardwired into ours. This element can work for us or against us. BUT we are in control of it. It does not control us. They are OUR thoughts and this power needs to be exercised. It can be like an animal on a leash and if we control it well much like a well trained animal it's behaviours can be enhanced, even moreso with training.

Now most of our throughts during the day are rubbish.

I did a search on the internet and "they" say that we have anywhere from 6,000 to 60,000 thoughts each day. That is quite a disparity but it shows that some of us have way too many and this pollution causes problems.

There is a non-traditional belief that this level of having many thoughts causes the "monkey mind" meaning that the mind is out of control. That this thought pollution is responsible for a lack of clarity in LIFE.

If you are constantly thinking you are not present. You are not actually being "in the moment". Now I don't want this Blog to get too "airy-fairy" (not sure but don't think that is a medical term) but I am aware that when you sit still and try not to think you seem to slow everything down.

We have all heard that life is moving faster and faster in modern society. What about if you try to focus on controlling it and slowing it down for just this moment. Read this and then just sit there with your eyes closed and breathe in and out for 5 long breathes.

You will notice these few things :
Your breathing will slow down.
Your muscles will relax as your breathing slows down.
Sounds that you overlook everyday with your eyes open.

It is time to clear your mind, get present and get rid of some of the pollution in your Human ECO System !

No comments: