Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Tuesday 22nd July 2008 - My Diary Day Two plus Muffin Recipe


Banana + Blueberry Muffins plus Almond Citrus Cake I made.
Recipe for Muffins at bottom.


TONY 's DIARY - Day Two

As I had such a great first day I slept really well and again felt motivated to help as many people as I can with this project to get both healthier and leaner.

I also find that keeping a personal Diary also allows me to consciously monitor (not dwell) on the quality of the calories that I consume to make sure that I am getting what I need.

It's definitely important to saturate your human eco system with quality nutrients and in doing this you will find that you need a lot less calories overall.

Breakfast:
Energy Shake - 400ml Water + 45g Protein Powder + Combination Greens Powder + 1/2 cup Blueberries. Take a Daily Multi vitamin + Joint Power

NOTE - I have sourced my combination greens powder from the U.S. as I like the content.
In Australia you can use Vital Greens.

9.30am Workout - Pump class (bar with weights) 1 hour

Mid morning:
Cup of Coffee + Skim milk + Protein Bar - post workout

Lunch:
Mixed Leaf Salad + Green Beans + Low Fat Cottage Cheese + Tin of Tuna + Crushed Almonds

Mid Afternoon snack - 6 Corn Thins (like rice cakes only thinner) + Houmous + lean ham slices
Cup of Coffee + Skim milk

Energy Shake - 400ml Water + 20g Protein Powder + Combination Greens Powder (no frozen banana)

Workout - taught 1 hour Spin class (wasn't planned but did a cover for instructor friend)

Dinner:
Mixed Leaf Salad + Tomato + Green Beans + Broccolli + Crushed Almonds + Low Fat Cottage Cheese. Dessert - Wholemeal Banana + Blueberry Muffins (I personally made - recipe below)

2 Hours before bed
Fibre Shake + 20g Protein Powder

Overall - Evening workout was unplanned but felt great teaching the class and sharing the exciting project with others. I again consumed enough water for the day and have cut down on my social coffee's by carrying around water bottle with me.

Daily mantra :
I am totally committed to supporting my Human ECO System with my actions.

On the weekend I found some baking recipes and decided to try them. One was for Almond Citrus Cake which I located in a Diabetes magazine so I knew it would suit the program (being low sugar and tasted amazing). The other was the Muffins.

Wholemeal Banana and Blueberry Muffins - makes 12 big ones
Ingredients:
2 very ripe bananas
2 cups wholemeal plain flour
1 + 1/2 tsp baking powder
1 tsp bi carb soda
pinch sea salt
1/2 cup brown sugar
280ml buttermilk - I changed this for low fat milk
1 egg (lightly beaten)
75ml light olive oil (or melted butter) - I used only 60ml light olive oil
200g blueberries rinsed / drained

Preheat oven - 180 degrees
Grease or spray a muffin pan

Mash bananas - buy really ripe bananas or buy them a few days before you intend to cook
Mix flour, baking powder, bi carb soda, salt and sugar in electric mixer
In middle of bowl make well (hole), add milk, egg, oil, banana
Don't overmix - then add the blueberries for a few stirs (don't want to break up blueberries)
Spoon mixture into muffin pan and place in oven for 20-25 mins
Test with wooden skewer to make sure cooked.

I found these to be very yummy !!!

No comments: