Monday, July 21, 2008

Monday 21st July 2008 - Day One Week One + My Diary

Thank you for all the incredible emails of support and positive feedback. Remember you can start this Challenge anytime you wish. I just wanted to set a date so that I had everything done and ready to load up. For everyone asking me what they need to do to begin the Global Health Challenge.

At the bottom of each day's blog I will be keeping my Diary on here to show that I am also doing what I ask of others. It won't be perfect everyday but that is not my goal. Improvement is what I seek.

Week One - It begins. The set up phase.

1) Buy yourself a Notepad to record your efforts. This will serve as YOUR personal reference Diary, so if you wish you can do this again should you need to. It is one of the most effective strategies that I have found with clients.

In the Diary you will record all of your food and drink consumed each day PLUS write down any activity you have completed.

2) Take a photo of yourself. This is for your records ONLY so do it in a swimsuit.
I get clients to do this as most people don't appreciate their final efforts. You have all seen the "before" and "after" shots that most competitions have. They do this as it is always an incredible difference to those that stick with the plan.

3) Take measurements.
Shoulders (with arms by your side)
Chest (at the nipple line)
Waist (bellybutton)
Hips (Pelvic line)
Thigh (midpoint between knee and top of hip) -

Now write them in your Notepad as this will serve to keep a record and we do this again at Week 8.

This is another way of keeping track of progress. Understand that there will be areas of your body that don't lose as fast as others and yes it is most likely the areas that you dislike the most that will be the hardest to move. We focus on achievements.

4) Optional recording of bodyweight. I find that with our goal to change bodyshape by increasing nutrient absorption for getting lean muscle definition, your weight should become a lower priority as we will be losing bodyfat.

Now I have found with the current amount of people overweight / obese that are being described as "alarming" that all too often we are consuming too many calories for our decreased levels of activity. We need to change this and so recording our intake of food and drinks will help.

Goal of this week is to eliminate all the unnecessary elements (and additional calories) of your nutrition intake that have been causing the problems to your health status and affecting the image in the Mirror.

- Reduce alcohol intake to weekend only - This is not an option. It's only 56 days

- Replace white foods to whole grains- Reduce fat intake with low fat / no fat options (in both food and drinks)

- Increase H20 (water) intake to 6 glasses per day. If you consume more - great.

- Introduce the three (3) one hour sessions for three (3) days of activity with the AFTERBURNER Workouts to your weekly routine or continue with your current activities. It is mandatory to do three hours per week.

TONY 's DIARY - Day One
Felt motivated and got up early to go and do a walk before starting work. This was before my morning shake. Walked for 45 mins at a brisk pace

Breakfast:
Energy Shake - 400ml Water + 45g Protein Powder + Combination Greens Powder + 1/2 frozen banana. Take a Daily Multi vitamin + Joint Power

NOTE - I have sourced my combination greens powder from the U.S. as I like the content.
In Australia you can use Vital Greens.

Mid morning:
Cup of Coffee + Skim milk + Wholemeal Blueberry Muffin (I made these myself - recipe will be added)

Lunch:
Mixed Leaf Salad + Green Beans + Low Fat Cottage Cheese + Tin of Tuna + Crushed Almonds

Cup of Coffee + Skim milk
Mid Afternoon - 2 hours before weights workout
Energy Shake - 400ml Water + 30g Protein Powder + Combination Greens Powder (no frozen banana)

Weights Workout - 1 hour

Dinner:
Piece of Salmon + Mixed Leaf Salad + Capsicum (Red Pepper) + Crushed Almonds + Low Fat Cottage Cheese
Dessert - Small tub of Weight Watchers Peaches

2 Hours before bed
Fibre Shake + 20g Protein Powder

Overall I feel like I achieved my objectives. I am totally committed to supporting my Human ECO System with my actions. I consumed enough water for the day.
Felt strong and motivated which was why I decided to do the morning walk.

No comments: