Tuesday, October 9, 2007

Tuesday 9th October 2007 - What are you training for ?

I was working out this morning and the lady next to me on the treadmill stated that she had seen me working out and "I made it look easy, so what I was training for ?" When I replied that I change my routine every 8 weeks she seemed surprized. She had been doing the same workout for many years and was getting frustrated with her lack of results.

This while a very common mistake (for success) is heard all too often and while the answer may seem obvious I wanted to encourage her efforts and consistency while suppling some insider information (trainer tips). I pointed out that while her intent and commitment were admirable her lack of "compass heading" was part of her frustration. We worked out that she was training more than I was and getting (in her eyes) a lesser result.

This brought me to a long held belief that I am writing about in my book. You do not get into your vehicle without having an idea of a destination. This is part of the problem with "fitness". Its an intangible and so most companies from food to fitness to weight loss market "fat loss" and the concept of "losing weight".

Pity that we don't really learn enough about the body and how it works - but help is coming soon.

My current eating regime (The RAINBOW Nutrient Eating Plan) has been developed with some of the world's leading dietetic authorities. While at times on the optimal strategy we don't always agree, I do however listen to their feedback as I respect both their highly credentialled qualifications and experience.

Nutrition Plan - RAINBOW Nutrient Re-Fuelling.
This Plan that I've designed as a PRO-ANTI OXIDANT Nutrient rich program is packed with all the essential elements your body's "human eco-system" requires without being a calorie laden 5 to 6 meal modified bodybuilders eating plan. Most plans are getting people to consume too many calories. This I believe is part of the problem with our society "we eat too much and move too little".

Activity Program - Afterburner Workouts.
My personal training philosophy for the Book has been modified to account for the most valuable resource people have - TIME. For that I have designed the nutrient intake around the three (3) hours of activity required per week. The Afterburner Workouts are circuit based using all the major muscle groups and each 10 exercises of 30 seconds (which makes one time through) then back onto Cardio to challenge the Cardiovascular system then this is repeated twice through. I will explain this in more detail in the coming days.

Bottom line is we ALL need to act now to combat obesity. Dont wait - but Dont Just Do It - Do It Well !!!

No comments: