Thursday, October 11, 2007

Friday 12th October - Surrender doesn't always mean Failure !

While you read this blog .... do your body a favour and get a glass of water and DRINK IT.
This will stop "global warming happening inside your body".

When we think of Surrender we normally associate that with failure.
It can also mean acceptance and may allow you to be more open to what is ..... try giving yourself a break.

I was doing my YOGA session today and seemed to find a sense of clarity (or open mind). It must have been reflected in my practice because the instructor commented on how steady and relaxed I seemed. I thanked him and it got me to thinking about how I can have this more often.

Why had the practice today seemed so "effortless" on the outside when on the inside I was a ticking timebomb of mental excitement ?

I recalled that I had just finished a phone call with a new like minded person who I could sense had a level of enthusiasm and passion for helping others that had been battered a little by doubt but still held strong to her belief in what she wanted to achieve.

She described herself as feeling like she was in the stage of her life where she was a budding flower and where as I was already a flower in full bloom with my achievements, which while flattering is way overstated. I guess my personal PR machine might need to be dialled down a few notches.

During our conversation I couldn't help but but be impressed in knowing what this lady had already accomplished, but there were moments when she spoke of being a little confused about direction and so I mentioned that by changing her compass heading it may give her a little different aspect to view.

I found myself during the practice thinking of the words we had spoke of and how they are mostly a true reflection of our lives. More often then not in whatever sphere of our lives we are in a that moment (relationship / financial / spiritual / family) there sometimes is a sense of doubt caused by our own lack of confidence. We fight that doubt to be a concern and so seek external sources of validation to make us trust our own judgement. Sometimes this isnt given and so there is fear that we may fail.

Possibly we should all get an "emotional rain coat" to wear when others shower us with either their criticisms or judgements. Don't absorb that content but rather think of the power you feel when you are able to believe your own confidence. It won't always be right but that is just another step towards success.

Failure is just another reason to try harder. I am personally guided by knowing that behind 9 out of 10 success stories there were many failures that led the person to "adjusting their compass heading". It is mindful to know that what I have learnt from Yoga is that "when you let go of that which is troubling you - you are less stressed or less afraid".

With a lower level of stress you open yourself up to the Universe and other answers and so feel more alive. For me it happened recently as I am working on refining the content for my book (The Human ECO System) after losing a 1/3 of it. Once I accepted that it was gone I was more able to focus with what I wanted to share so that others get a better sense of how their bodies systems need to work together (biology meets ecology) and how my role is more a "tranlator" of the human body and less of an educator.

An interesting point is that we all seem to forget there is only ONE real thing we must each moment of each day - BREATHE.

Try to think of the last time you thought about breathing and remember how good it felt. There are fewer thoughts when you concentrate on breathing in and breathing out.
In fact stop what you are doing right now.

After reading this, close your eyes and take a long slow breathe in for 4-5 seconds then slowly breathe out for 4-5 seconds. Do that 4 times and feel that new oxygen racing around your body enriching your cells restoring your sympathetic nervous system to "neutral".

Use this tool whenever you feel your body tense up or notice yourself thinking too much and not enjoying your wonderful machine that is the human body.

Get ECO Friendly with it !!!
(Did you finish your glass of water ??)

No comments: