Monday, October 15, 2007

Monday 15th October - Not every day is a 100% ....

After a really hard day of meetings and brain draining activities I got home and was sitting there drinking a huge glass of water (it was very warm in Sydney today) and I was tossing up going for my workout.

Then I recalled what I try to tell others when they seek motivation on "those hard days" and that is just do it but don't got for 100% because not every day needs to be full speed.

I got changed, which is really the hard part because once you do that, the decision to go seems to be made up and headed off to the gym. Using one of the principles that I speak of in the book (The Human ECO System Anti Diet), I decided to use my walk to the gym as my cardio component and it became a combination walk / run.

I didnt push the intensity as I normally would, but rather focussed on actually how good it felt to just be doing it. Once I got to the gym my motivation had actually kicked in and I had decided that I was only going to do my Afterburner Workout (it is a time based circuit of 30 minutes to test (and improve) your conditioning levels.

It seems funny now that I am writing this, but upon pushing myself a little harder than I had planned during the workout, I walked outside the gym and realized that I had to walk home.

The tank was low on juice but it was a nice walk home.
I was happy that I actually got to apply some of the lessons that I teach.
Not every day needs to be at 100% but you need to stay committed to the plan and do it.

It's not long until the insider secrets in my book at out - and there is BIG news about that coming too.

No comments: