Saturday, June 6, 2009

Saturday 6th June 2009 - The journey continues

I haven't been as regular with writing my health blog lately but that doesn't mean that I have forgotten about it as I really do enjoy trying to make a difference to the lives of others. I'm still attempting to live by example and so am still working out hard and teaching Spin regularly. The one constant in my life is nutrient filled eating habits and living an active lifestyle.

Another aspect I covet apart from changing lives through health awareness is my interest in the entertainment business (scriptwriting + producing both movies and television shows). My last three years have been spent developing script content and now with two completed scripts that are seeking funding, what I have found is that it's definitely easier to write movies then it is to raise funds for them.

One is the animated project (about the MOB) and the others is about a female serial killer (this has also been getting great reviews from peers so if you know a Producer looking for slate content then get them to contact me). I have three other scripts in various stages of writing development in different genre's that keeps my writing fresh (I hope).

While the funding has been taking place it has been a challenge over the last four months to . I have been working to find the "best film Producer" to work with on the animated project and I think that I have one of the most capable people in the Australian movie industry to now work with so that is moving along slowly - but it's moving.

Having been so close earlier this year to raise the funds with our budget of AUD$40M ... then sadly the Global Financial Crisis happened and as a result - I'm now still looking ... looking ... looking ... but hope to have good news in the near future.

So as a result I then had to adjust my "life compass direction" as all my movie contacts in the United States "went quiet" and I was told to be patient as this happens in the movie business all the time but there is no doubt that I have at times felt disappointed that having been so close to raising the money then now feel that I am back at the start line.

Luckily there has been wide spread support for my animated movie project with industry professionals all aware and advising me that this project is worth continuing as it has global audience appeal. Of course that doesn't help me right now so I have had to make drastic living changes to "follow my dreams".

My passion for health is as strong as it ever was but reality is that in a recession filled world it is harder to encourage others to part with their limited income to get healthier and so while I am still teaching my cycle classes this doesn't allow me enough money to focus 100% on my writing so I am now also looking at undertaking some part time Navy Reserve as a Physical Trainer. I was in the Navy some years ago in this role and have applied so hope for news soon.

In the meantime while I wait for that process to happen, it has involved me moving out of my apartment in Sydney and down to Wollongong (an hour south for those who haven't heard of it) to be closer to the family who have been an amazing support network and also will be rewarded when the movie side of my life takes off. Without them and Brooke it would have been so much harder to deal with all the changes.

Now that I'm settling in here and waiting for the Navy to advise me of a "join up date" I will be doing some filming of my Afterburner Workouts and also adding Nutrient Stategies from the Human ECO System Program so keep an eye out for that.

It will also allow me time to focus on writing two of the next scripts - one is a comedy that could be termed a "chick flick" and the other is a co-write of an animated adaption of a published children's short story that seems to be growing all on it's own.

Stay tuned for more updates and information on life changing health strategies.