Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Tuesday 10th June 2008 - The RoadMap of Life

For the last few days I have been busy expanding a business concept that is consistently proving a challenge for even someone as determined as I claim to be. While I experience the usual questions of "will it or won't it succeed" and "what if ..." I have taken moments to remember that hopefully this will only make the reward that much sweeter.

While there are moments of challenge I come back to a life mantra I have always held strong to - "have the courage to finish what you start". Of course your path may change direction or you may move slower along it at times, but constant evolution is a key for success.

Now having a positive outlook and limiting self-doubt is surely a benefit but equally there needs to be a strong balance of reality. I can look back over the last 10 years and honestly say that there have been other times when I have had absolute faith in my own ability to get the personal satisfaction that is important to me with my career but through certain choices, beliefs or actions have not crossed that "finish line".

Instead of sitting on my butt and complaining I seem to be able to "let go" and I am reminded in many of the spiritual readings I have encountered that "failure isn't always a bad thing and renewed growth for passion comes from re-birth". Yeah deep I know but for me it means that we need to adjust our compass from time to time and not get discouraged.

My constant fallback position has always been that the most important aspect of my life that I covet is a healthy body and healthy mind. Now there will always be moments of "pollution" in the mind's thoughts and it is the subsequent evaluation of outcomes that keeps me, I hope, heading along a pro-active path.

To support my actions (and words to others), I always make time to fit in physical activity and combine this with a healthy nutritional intake.

For over 10 years I have used the analogy of the body being a machine and we need to become "mechanics" with food serving as "fuel" but to also remember that most of us travel along our paths without a chartered course or along an unmapped path.

So I want you to think of what I provide as "roadside assistance", and through my experiences and journey of health education and translation, allow me to shine a little light your way so you can see the pot-holes and pitfalls up ahead and possibly show you even the "exit" signs from this unsuccessful path and the "entry" signs to a better future.

The world is becoming a "fat place"but I am not the "fat police". The world is overflowing with the abundence mentality providing an ever decreasing health status through our choices of living inactive lifestyles and over-feeding leading to disease riddled "machines".

Be a better body mechanic and make choices for the better - drive safe and remember the road rules .................. they are there so we can all live longer !

No comments: