Sunday, May 25, 2008

Sunday 25th May 2008 - Childhood Obesity Solutions

For those that know me you will not be surprized to find that when I discover someone doing exciting work in the childhood obesity area, I feel compelled to share that information.

There are way too many issues and health problems coming out of this crisis to be concerned about there ever being enough solutions for families.
This is one that I am very excited to share and let me tell you why.

I used to own a private fitness training studio in Sydney back in the late 90's which I sold to a guy who seemed equally focussed on helping others improve their lives, so I left my very first business in capable hands which was important to me. I then went on to create the childrens TV show and then write a book which led me to the creating the childhood obesity project of The Body Mechanics (www.bodymechanics.tv)

Fast forward seven years and I bump into Richard and his wife Joey and we are catching up on what each other has been doing and low and behold, again our lives have been on a similar path.

While I was writing, producing and directing media projects of the animated movie and interactive DVD game with a focus for launching in the United States, Rich was working with his wife Joey to develop a book and subsequent programs to help families in Australia cope with the childhood obesity issue here.

They were featured last week on the TV networks here in Australia after working with two families for 12 weeks and achieving great results.


Please Mum Don't Supersize Me Hard Cover Book




‘PLEASE MUM DON'T SUPERSIZE ME!’ WILL BE LATEST WEAPON IN THE BATTLE OF CHILDHOOD OBESITY

With the federal government recently announcing plans to see children as young as four put on the scales before starting kindergarten, one of Australia’s leading health and wellness leaders, Richard and Joey Marc, have released their debut book ‘Please Mum, Don’t Supersize Me!’

Aimed at parents and families who are unsure about how to create a healthier lifestyle for their children, ‘Please Mum, Don’t Supersize Me!’, provides the essential building blocks to maintaining a happy family unit and preventing childhood obesity.

‘Please Mum, Don’t Supersize Me!’ will provide children with an increased self esteem, a healthy approach to living and the motivation to set goals – while also allowing parents to open at any page and discover a new healthier habit for their child.

Co-founders of Marc Wellness International, Richard and Joey have extensive international backgrounds in both the health and wellness, and children’s entertainment industries.

Richard Marc said, “I realized that many parents I spoke to at seminars were very interested in ensuring their child and family were healthy, but many were in need of the essential straight-forward steps to ensure success.

To check out this book click here http://www.1shoppingcart.com/app/?af=786300

Their next program which is a 7 CD Audio program I was invited to be involved in is now about to be released in the coming two weeks. They selected 7 people they thought were doing great work in this area and were interviewed as "subject matter experts".





This will be available in the next few weeks but what I am after is 15 people to listen to this and give us their feedback. You will get to hear what we believe is not only the latest information but also very interesting family strategies - THAT WORK.

Send me an email and only the first 15 will get to be part of this.

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

Wow! Now we need "Please MOM don't supersize me!" for Americans!