Friday, March 14, 2008

Friday 14th March 2008 - Breathe slow

I noticed it had been a couple of weeks since I shared some thoughts insights, and elements of personal awareness with you all, so I decided to get back onto it.

It is not like I have just been sitting on the couch (like that would ever happen), but there has been some "action and happenings" lately ... no not that kind of action. Rather, I decided to have a birthday week (figured one day is just not enough time to see all the friends and family) so took my time and enjoyed it. That took up the first week of March and during the last few months have been "beavering away" on a story for a movie.

I took time last week to focus on writing the screenplay for my next animated movie. I completed this on Thursday evening (late).

Do I feel good about it? YES.
Do I think it is the kind of story families and children will enjoy? YES .. modest aren't I.

But seriously this has been the feedback from those that review projects I develop and have experience in the entertainment field.

I get asked a lot if it is hard work to write a story.
I wouldn't say it's hard work but I would say it requires clear planning for plot development, specific time allocation for work, as this needs to happen when you are feeling creative because you can't just force "good creative juices to flow.

So I would say that it is like any task you undertake to complete. With focus, concentration and creative flair it can be FUN (which makes it less work).

So what is it about?
It is the story of how everyone needs to learn to get along and just because someone (in this case animals), look differently or smell differently, it isn't a sign that they need to be feared. Follow the plot path and you will see it deals with many of the issues we face in modern day society.

I chose to set this one in the animal kingdom with many human traits (not all human traits are good).

Now complete it is now being "shopped" to major studios for development. It was funny as this week with one completing I had ideas for three others that I will now begin to scope and plan. Once this next deal is signed I will begin creative work on another movie.

When I woke up this morning I felt relaxed. It was a beautiful morning looking out over Sydney Harbour from my balcony and with a light breeze I decided to head off to do my Saturday morning Yoga session and get further inspired for an awesome day.

The instructor (Keenan) is a person I feel has a "centred" personality. You know when you meet these people as they seem to be just an inch or two above the earth like they are NOT being weighed by those aspects that burden the lives of others and are always smiling. Great to be around.

During one moment of conscious breathing, he was relating to us a story. I say conscious as I have to really focus on it - have wondering mind :-) ...

Keenan was speaking of the power of the mind, not in a positive way but more in it's mischievous way. The mind that wanders (hello ..), the mind that is negative, the mind filled with ego and how these all make up our "inner voices".

He was saying that these voices are often led by our five senses.

Imagine the five "senses" are a group of horses pulling a "chariot". The mind is the "driver". Let us imagine the burden placed upon the others by one of the horses not staying to work as a "team or unit" and wandering off the track. Resulting in possible carnage.

I found this intriguing and tried to imagine that scene in my mind for a second. You can't stop a movie producer / director going into picture mode. I then visualized this and the resulting trauma.

It seemed to me that is the relationship we have with ourselves everyday. We either hear something or see something that causes us some stress. This is our "horse senses" starting to run wild. The voices and dialogue we hear are often borne of negative thoughts at ourselves which impacts our self esteem. More carnage.

He was saying that if we can control our "senses" we will be in better control of our lives. I agree.

I know from personal experience during stressful times in both personal and professional circumstances that I HAVE used the controlled breathing technique to regain inner peace and be able to turn down my "anger meter".

This allows me to think before I speak. Very good for relating to another person. It will also reduce the levels of inner stress placed on your Human ECO System and allow it to maintain a better balance over your human emotions.

Moral of the story - when stressed ... slow down your thoughts with controlled breathing.

Try it and let me know how you go. Have an amazing day !!

Namaste'

No comments: