Friday, September 25, 2009

Friday 25th September 2008 - The journey continues ... FULL SPEED

I have been remiss in my postings for a while and hope that this finds you all well and I will try to be more viligent :-))

Life is certainly about a series of ever constant changes and my last six months is no different. I have experienced some pretty turbulent moments in my business and personal life. While all have come from different directions and to be honest have totally caught me off guard, I find myself constantly relying on elements of inner strength.

Self doubt will always slip into your thought process when you struggle to find a way forward to combat an unseen force that is working against you, whether it is fate, timing, another person or just circumstance.

And yes, even the very positive person that I am would be foolish not to question these moments I have endured to seek inner solace when confronted by what could seem to others like failures. I think the last few months have definitely caused me to remember the importance of strength in mind and body. I try to use this as self belief.

I have constantly made a point in my life of focusing on positives and the most amazing support network we have is family and some friends, that for me has been my "rock" and for that I am ever grateful.

There is no question that being healthy has definitely served to help me combat this challenge and allow me to bounce back - which I am and continue to plan huge things for the next adventure LIFE takes me on. The Health Warrior is back and not taking prisoners.

Work for me has always been a passion project where I get to assist others feel the amazing changes that I do and are possible when the Human ECO System is working optimally. That sometimes means being the trainer, sometimes the nutrient advisor and sometimes just an ear to talk too when things aren't going right. In LIFE there are no experts because that is what being human is all about. Making mistakes, learning from them and trying to move forward.

I would say my greatest challenge is making the intangible - tangible.
A passion focus like fitness that I have can be all consuming and this was reminded to me recently when talking to a friend about how he would describe me. He said "when I think of you I always think of big challenges you try to conquer". I asked him if that was a good thing. He replied "not always but it's a pleasure to see someone who believes in their self confidence and works hard to make it happen".

I guess that sums me up pretty well. While I do believe in nothing ventured, nothing gained, I also found a quote when I was training for the Hawaii Ironman back in 2000 that is my inner mantra.

"Have the courage to finish what you start".

For me this means NEVER, ever quitting on anything or anyone !
Quitting is the easy road whereas being persistent and resilient is much more difficult but more often then not - WORTH IT by a long way.

You can't always expect others to be part of that journey as it can be long and testing, so try to find some balance in the part you play in the lives of others. They may not have signed up for all the twists and turns. For me I will always be there to help, it's what I do and it's what I am.

If I have learned anything over the last six months it is this - the destination and who comes with you on it - may not be who you thought it should be - but those that value you the most will always love and forgive errors as you after all .... only human.

Next post is all about Nutrient Absorption so get ready to blast into Summer (or Winter for the northern hemisphere readers) ..... there is no end in sight to the war on Obesity - but we can make an impact. It's YOUR body and it's YOUR Life.

No comments: